LASERS. VIRTUALLY PAIN FREE DENTISTRY
Are you scared of visiting the dentist? Dental treatment with a laser offers a safe and gentle alternative to some traditional dental instruments. Lasers also reduce the need of stitches after surgical procedures, as well as minimizing post-operative discomfort, bleeding and healing time.
Confident has invested in some of the most technologically advanced lasers available and our soft tissue lasers can now be used in a variety of dental treatments, including:
• Treatment of gum disease
• Treatment of mouth ulcers
• Gum de-pigmentation
• Treatment of peri-implantitis (inflammation surrounding dental implants).
• Gum contouring
How Do Lasers Work in Dentistry?
All lasers work by delivering energy in the form of light. When used for surgical and dental procedures, the laser acts as a cutting instrument or a vaporizer of tissue that it comes in contact with.
What are the advantages using a laser in dentistry?
- less pain and discomfort in some instances, so reduces the need for anesthesia
- May reduce anxiety in patients uncomfortable with the use of standard instruments.
- Minimize bleeding and swelling during soft tissue treatments
- Faster healing after surgery
- Fewer visits